Hunter Water – ISO 55001 AMS development and certification
Reeves Group was engaged to provide the project management and subject matter expertise for the development, implementation and certification of their asset management system to ISO 55001:2014. We coordinated the team of specialists from within and external to work across the whole organisation and compile the various elements that made up the asset management system
The team focused on the functions already well engrained within Hunter Water and aligned them with the requirements from the standard.
We first identified the gaps in the fundamental requirements of an asset management system and then set about working alongside key personnel and decision makers within Hunter Water to meet their ambitious timeline.
The team facilitated:
- the assembly of process maps for key functions to inform new or revised documents
- the direction and prioritisation of activities from the gaps identified
- the development of the dedicated intranet site
- the alignment with their other management systems
- project progress reporting
- the development of new documentation
- the development of e-learning material for internal and external teams
- the organisational change elements
- the awareness communication sessions across the whole organisation
The successful delivery of this project promoted Hunter Water to be the first urban water utility to obtain ISO 55001 certification in Australia.